The consortium of National Law Universities makes the result available on its official website of the exam separately for Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. Furthermore, the integrated merit list for CLAT UG and PG courses will also release alongside the results with the mention of roll number and scores of the candidates who appeared in the exam. The scorecard will mention a candidate’s scores in each section, overall scores besides their ranks. The CLAT Consortium would also release a separate merit list for CLAT for every National Law University. Download CLAT Answer Key PDF.
The marking scheme for CLAT result
The marking scheme of CLAT is different for both undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses.
- For UG courses
A whole total of 150 numbers of questions are available for the undergraduate courses. For each correct answer, the candidate will get one mark, whereas, for each incorrect answer, there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks. The unattempted questions would not get include in the marking scheme.
- For PG courses
For postgraduate courses, there are 120 numbers of total questions. Likewise, for each correct answer, the candidate gets one mark, and for the incorrect one, 0.25 marks will reduce. There will no mark deduction for unattempted questions.
Steps to check the CLAT result
The candidates must follow the below steps to check CLAT Result:
The first step is to visit the official website of CLAT Consortium https:// consortiumofnlus.ac.in/. Furthermore, type up the link in the URL tab of a valid web browser to open the website.
Once the page is open, there will be a result tab available on the homepage. Click on it to open a new page.
The candidate has to fill in some mandatory details such as registration number or roll number, date of birth, etc., on the new page.
Fill in the Captcha code. Afterward, click on the ‘login’ option to view the result on the display screen.
Steps to download the CLAT result
- Similarly, visit the official website of Consortium of NLUs, i.e., consortiumofnlus.ac.in. to open the CLAT login portal.
- Now enter the mobile number and password, and then click on the login option, which would open to another inner page.
- The page would have an option to view your result. Then, click on the view result option to see the result display over the screen. There would be an option for download. To conclude, click on it and save the file for future reference.
- To verify the result of a particular candidate, check the name and roll number in the result for confirmation.
Details mentioned in CLAT result:
Steps to check the merit list:
- The candidate has to visit the official website of the CLAT Consortium to find the link for the CLAT merit list. If the merit list has been disclosed, the link would be available on the website and vice versa.
- To verify the merit list of a particular candidate, check the name and roll number in the merit list for confirmation.
- The merit list is categorized by the candidate’s name and their roll number. The aspirant must save and download the list for future references. It’s better to take a clear printout of the list.
Contents of the CLAT scorecard:
The CLAT Consortium never avails any hard copies of the scorecard to any candidates. Having a CLAT scorecard is mandatory for every candidate, and they must carry it during CLAT counseling. It’s important for the candidates to note that the CLAT scorecard is valid for only one year. The CLAT scorecard mentions all the details regarding a candidate’s ranks, such as:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s father’s name
- Candidate’s entrance roll number
- Application Number of the candidate
- Category mentioned in the CLAT form
- CLAT score, i.e., marks obtained in the entrance
- All India Rank
- Category Rank of the candidate- Although all India ranks do not take into account the category status, it is rather important in regards to determining the counseling and seat allotment result. The CLAT category rank is mentioned to the candidates separately.
- NRI Rank (only applicable if eligible under NRI category)
- NRI sponsored rank ( if applicable for the NRI rank)
Once the results are announced, the candidates need to participate in the centralized counseling, which is organized by CLAT authorities. With this process, the candidates get admitted to UG and PG programs in various institutions or colleges that would accept the CLAT scores or ranks.