Organizations have been focussing on training and development of their employees. There are enough reasons why this function has become so critical. A proper and a good quality training has a direct impact on the organization’s success. With the change in scenario and work methods, it is imperative for the organizations to focus on scaling up their training programs.
The reasons for scaling up can be growth when new locations are opened with expansion, or business challenges like compliance needs, skill gaps, retention etc. Reskilling and upskilling might be the requirement for some of the organizations as the company might have undergone a major shift in job roles. Scaling up can also help in developing the current employees to potential leaders in near future.
As scaling up will cover the larger perspectives, the program should be strategically planned with a clear path of implementation. This can easily be achieved by breaking down the task into smaller manageable steps.
- Defining the scope of the program: To keep the learners engaged and to provide value, a thorough training need analysis should be done. Keeping the organizational needs, performance objectives and employee challenges in mind, clearly define the scope of the program.
- Leverage the use of online resources: An online training platform like WorkRamp will help you in creating an effective and engaging program. This will also let the employees have easy access to the course content, assignments, schedules, assessments, etc. If you have a dispersed workforce, the online resources help in managing the training at the same time and with the same focus. The course content also can work as a knowledge base as the employees can access it any time and from anywhere.
- Supplement existing training with Off the shelf training: With rapid growth and expansion, you might not get sufficient time to create your own course content. It is best to buy the content that meets your requirements. For some courses, you can develop your own content and for the generic training programs opt for off the shelf training program.
- Run a pilot program: It is always better to have a test run on a smaller group. This will help you know the areas of improvements and the success probability ratio. Time, efforts and budget can be utilised judicially based on the result of the pilot program.
- Leverage technology to ensure engagement: With the apt use of technology, an effective blended learning program can help you achieve the desired result from the training program. By providing simulations, webinars, gamification, audios and videos, the learner will easily grasp and retain the information for a longer period of time.
- Monitor the progress with data analytics: Assessing the small group of trainees can be focusses and one-on-one basis. Assessing a larger group will be challenging. Take help of the analytics to assess the employees from different perspectives. There is an in-built tool in all the e-learning platforms that will generate automated reports.
- Induce microlearning concept: It is a well known fact that the information in small bites is easier to understand and retain. Breaking your lessons into smaller and digestible bits will keep the learner engaged and attentive. Also, these smaller lessons fit easily in our day-to-day schedules and there will be no loss in productivity. Employees can access this information anytime, from anywhere and at any device.
Read Also: What Is Multilayer Switch?
Conclusion: Training employees has well known benefits like increased productivity, better communication, higher engagement and thus low turnovers. You also develop the culture of learning in your organization that keeps the employee morale high making them more creative and innovative with better problem solving and decision making skills.