Linksys WiFi range extenders are great devices to provide the seamless internet connectivity to their users everywhere in their home. After completing Linksys WiFi extender setup, you can definitely make the most out of your device. In this post, we have mentioned the easiest way to configure a Linksys WiFi range extender, i.e. using the Linksys app. Let’s take the plunge!
Steps to Configure a Linksys Extender Using Linksys App
Step 1: Placement of Linksys Extender
The first step in our post is about the placement of your Linksys WiFi range extender. Yes, you read it right! The correct placement is the key to Linksys WiFi extender setup success. Let’s have a quick glance at the points you need to consider while placing your Linksys extender. Keep scrolling down!
- Keep your Linksys extender at center-most location in your home.
- Place your router and the extender in close proximity.
- Position your Linksys device away from of baby monitors and Bluetooth devices.
- Also, keep your extender at a far distance from the reach of public WiFi networks.
- Do not place your WiFi device inside a cabinet or under a table.
Step 2: Turn on your Linksys Extender
Once you’re done with the placement process, plug your Linksys extender into a working wall socket and turn it on. Given below are certain things that you need to keep in mind:
- The wall socket you are about to use must not be damaged.
- Check the power adapter of your WiFi extender.
- The power LED on your Linksys device must be green and stable.
Step 3: Make an Ethernet Connection
Another step in our post is about making a wired connection between your router and Linksys extender. Keep the following things in mind while creating an Ethernet connection between your devices:
- Grab a well-maintained Ethernet cable.
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the Linksys extender whereas another end to your router.
- To get Linksys extender setup success, make sure that the Ethernet cable is tightly connected.
Note: Just in case, you face issues while connecting the Linksys extender to your existing router, then chances are that your router isn’t working well. In that case, you need to add a Linksys Velop to your extender. Simply configure it using the Linksys Velop default password and see the difference.
Step 4: Turn on Your Mobile Device
The next step to perform Linksys extender setup process using the Linksys app is to turn on your mobile device. It is strictly recommended – do not connect your mobile device to an unknown WiFi network.
Step 5: Download the Linksys App
Open the Play Store or App Store. Now, in the search bar type Linksys app and tap the Search icon. From the appearing search results, choose the Linksys app and tap Download or Install. Wait for the app to get installed completely.
Step 6: Open the App
Tap Open. Doing so will open the Linksys app. Enter the user ID and password into the given fields and tap Sign In button. If you don’t have an account, create it by providing all the necessary details.
Step 7: Set Up Your WiFi Extender
As soon as you are into the Linksys app, you will be asked to enter the model number of your WiFi range extender. So, enter your Linksys extender’s model number carefully into the given fields and follow the on-screen instructions. It is advised to follow the Linksys extender setup instructions in exact given order to make your device up and running in minutes.
That’s it! You have successfully completed the Linksys WiFi extender setup process using the app. In case of any assistance, feel free to drop your queries into the comments section.